A comprehensive Asset Management program requires a complete inventory of your system, and a means to document condition of assets, useful life, risk of failure, and replacement costs, in addition to supporting a preventive maintenance plan. Given the ability to map the location of assets and store attributes of each component through time, GIS is an integral component of an Asset Management program.
Great Lakes RCAP provides two options for maximizing your GIS for Asset Management. Both options provide Coop communities with the benefits of two-way integration with GIS data hosted on our server. This means that utilities have the ability to add and update data based on their maintenance, replacement, and budgeting activities.
- The first is the use of customized Web and Mobile Apps designed by the GIS Team, with a database formatted specifically to support Ohio EPA Asset Management requirements.
- The second option is Kona, a GIS-centric Asset Management software solution provided through a partnership between RCAP GIS and the Confluence Group.
Great Lakes RCAP also provides technical assistance for completion of Asset Management plans for both water and wastewater, as well as other needed services such as rate studies, among others. For more information, please see: http://greatlakesrcap.org/
RCAP GIS Web and Mobile Applications
One of the services provided to our Coop communities is the provision of web and mobile applications for viewing and interacting with their data. We recognize that some communities may not be at a point to purchase additional software for asset management purposes. For this reason, we have designed and implemented a database to address the asset management needs of a small utility.
Additional fields and related tables have been added to accommodate requirements related to the inventory, condition assessment, preventive maintenance and estimation of risk of failure of assets, among others. Through our applications communities have the ability to update attributes related to each asset, and within the Web App take advantage of the specialized tools such as filtering and mapping to support reporting requirements.
Kona Asset Management Software
Originally designed for use in the field, Kona Asset Management software provides tools to get the most from your assets at an affordable cost. The comprehensive software is built to work with the RCAP GIS program through a two-way integration, and special pricing and tech support is provided for Coop members. For more information, please contact the Great Lakes RCAP GIS team below.
- 4-week set-up and Onboarding
- Easy to learn and use in the office, and in the field
- Provides a smooth transition from paper to electronic work orders
- Condition monitoring and smart work order assignments
- Preventive and predictive maintenance planning and scheduling
- Risk-based assessment tools
- Pre-built reports needed to run an Asset Management program
- Create, track and manage a capital improvement plan
- Built-in contingency planning tools
- Easily track and report EPA-defined metrics
- Smart rehabilitation and replacement scheduling