Since 2011, the GIS Coop has been providing GIS data hosting and maintenance services throughout Ohio. In addition to five full-time GIS professionals, we utilize software, high-accuracy GPS units, wide format scanners and printers and IT support to deliver comprehensive GIS and mapping services. The cooperative format allows for reduced costs for each community, while granting access to expertise.
Member fees are proportionate based on the number of active water and sewer customers, and total population.
Coop services include:
- GIS data hosting
- Web and mobile applications
- Digital field inspections
- Maintain, edit and add data
- Post-construction Updates
- Site visits and training
- On-demand map printing and reports
- Scanning of maps, plans, as-builts
- Loaner GPS units (no-cost)
- Support for Asset Management Inventories
- GIS database designed to support Asset Management
Fee For Service
Our approach differs from private consulting firms and other non-profits in that we partner with utilities in completing a data collection and mapping project. We have learned from experience that while as-builts and other reference documents can augment data collection and mapping, it truly is the combination of knowledge of local staff with our mapping expertise and equipment that leads to most accurate representation of a system.
And, ultimately this accuracy is going to provide the greatest benefit(s) long-term in the following ways:
- Increases efficiency in day-to-day operations and in the field
- Enhances project planning
- Supports asset management through a comprehensive inventory
- Geodatabase design which supports asset management activities